[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/pathwaystosuccess/Kian_Hervey_Episode.mp3″ title=”39: How to go from Campus to the Corporate office – Kian Hervey – Publisher of Forty Magazine” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
Kian Hervey is the editorial director and publisher of Forty Magazine, a digital resource for young professionals. Kian launched Forty Magazine as a creative outlet shortly after graduating in 2014. Her goal as publisher is to help recent grads and professionals under 40 succeed as they move from campus to the corporate office.
During her undergraduate career at SMU, Kian’s internship experiences included writing for The Dallas Morning News, Southwest Airlines, SwiftAir Media, the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, and the Dallas Market Center.
On top of all this, she also works full time at one of the most LUVed companies in the world, Southwest Airlines.
What you will learn:
- How to go from the campus to the corporate office
- Why some college graduates get hired and others don’t
- The keys to getting hired after college
- Myths & Truths of Millennials
- What Millennials need to know about the workforce
- What employers need to know about hiring Millennials
- How to become a great communicator
- How a magazine gets started from scratch
- The origin story of Forty Magazine