Shawn is the author of, “Business Blunders” where he talks about the 10 Dangerous Business Mistakes and how to protect your business so it can thrive. He is working on his 2nd book, 3 Laws of Empowerment which will be released in 2017.
He is also nationally sought after speaker with over 80 speaking engagements since 2014.
What you will learn from this episode:
- The top 3 business blunders
- The differences between a Sole Proprietorship, General Partnership, C-Corp, S-Corp and LLC
- What you need to know about Trademarks, Copyrights and Patents
- Legal considerations when creating online content
- What you don’t know about 1099
- Upcoming legal trends that may significantly affect your business
- What you need to know before you sell your company
More about R. Shawn McBride:
R. Shawn McBride has spoken nationwide at over 80 speaking events since 2014. R. Shawn is the CEO and Chief Innovation Officer of McBride For Business, LLC a corporate strategy company. McBride For Business, LLC was formed in response to increasing demand for R. Shawn McBride as a business visionary and consultant. He speaks to audiences and works directly with business owners on setting their companies up for success; R. Shawn helps establish systems and procedures related to the ownership of the company in order to prepare the company for future growth.
R. Shawn McBride received his Juris Doctorate from the University Of Maryland School Of Law in 2002 with honors. He also received a bachelor’s degree from Towson University in 1999, where he double majored in Accounting & Business Administration with a concentration in Finance.
R. Shawn McBride presentation and speaking topics include:
- 3 Laws of Empowerment
- Business Partnerships Are Long-Term Relationships: Are You Ready for Yours?
- LLCs Mean Limited Liability, Right?: Things You Didn’t Think Of
- You Signed What?: Common Issues in Agreements You’ve Signed
- Raising Capital Through Exempt Offerings
- Common Issues Faced by Business Owners
- Business Partnerships and the Legal Negotiations and Accounting Implications
R. Shawn was awarded two prestigious honors this year. He is a Super Lawyers 2016 Texas Rising Star and one of D Magazine’s picks for 2016 Best Lawyer in Dallas: Corporate Law: General.
Contact R. Shawn McBride: