[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/pathwaystosuccess/Tara_Connor.mp3″ title=”22: Tara Connor – TEDx Speaker – Curiosity Saves the Cat – How Dyslexia became my Superpower” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” ]
In grade school Tara was known as the “Questioning Queen.” Being dyslexic, she had to find alternative ways to gain a deeper understanding of the subject at hand. Which meant asking “Why,” “How” and “What if” until the point of exhaustion. She owes these experiences to the reason why she values the importance of intellectual curiosity and encourages others to engage in this way of thinking.
In 2015, Tara graced the TEDx stage with her talk, Curiosity Saves the Cat.
Tara graduated from Oklahoma State University where she got her degree in Advertising and Strategic Communication. At her time at OSU she held a variety of leadership positions including Social Chair for her sorority, President of the Advertising Club and was the Account lead for the National Student Advertising Competition. Upon graduation she spent the first four years of her career at Tracylocke working on amazing brands like Pizza Hut, Samsung and Cattle Barons Ball. Tara has recently joined Bottle Rocket Studios, a mobile app development first that has created some of the highest quality apps in the world, as their newest Client Executive.
On this episode we discuss:
- What Dyslexia is and how it affects the brain’s ability to process information
- How Tara adapted her learning style to cope with Dyslexia
- How Tara turned a learning “disability” into a superpower
- The importance of intellectual curiosity
- The TEDx application process and her full TEDx experience
- Important takeaways from Unleash the Power Within – Anthony Robbins Seminar
- What she learned from walking barefoot across 2,000 degree coals