[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/pathwaystosuccess/tv_f.mp3″ title=”163: Tom Vincent | Founder & President | Texas Coffee School” ]
Tom Vincent is the Founder and Director of Education at Texas Coffee School in Dallas, Texas.
Tom has been in specialty coffee since 2006 when a chance encounter with a couple of coffee professionals on an elevator led him to set sail on a two-year apprenticeship with a prominent East Coast coffee roasting company.
With the help of some of the most knowledgeable and influential people in the coffee industry, Tom evolved from a student barista to a teaching assistant and he eventually learned the business of coffee from the inside out.
After some major life changing events from “the great recession,” Tom found himself without work in his full-time career as an advertising agency creative director. After an unyielding seven month struggle, through another chance encounter, Tom was presented with the opportunity to put his background in coffee to work in the form of a consultancy. This encounter became the genesis of Texas Coffee School.
Over the last decade, through his industry leading Coffeepreneur® course curriculum and success-proven teaching methodology, Tom and his team have created the most complete, approachable, and respected course for starting a coffee shop business.
Today, Tom and the team at Texas Coffee School have proudly helped hundreds and hundreds of normal everyday people open their own successful independent specialty coffee businesses all over the world.
• The entrepreneurial genesis story of Tom Vincent
• The approach (personal and professional) to starting a retail coffee business – most people do it in the wrong order and/or for the wrong reasons.
• You don’t need tons of money to start a business
– Conventional wisdom, vs unconventional wisdom
– Good. Cheap. Fast. – Pick two, build plan accordingly
– Do what the Marines do
• Entrepreneurship requires reprogramming your brain – The life transition in disconnecting from the rat race – the best advice I was ever given.
Texas Coffee School’s 3-Day Coffeepreneur® Class for Starting and Growing a Coffee Business – https://texascoffeeschool.com/coffee-classes/3-day-coffee-business-class/