Patti Geolat, founder & CEO of Geolat, is a widely known authority on appraisal, brokerage & sale of fine jewelry. Her clientele includes many of the top jewelry houses globally, as well as an extensive network of private & industry collectors. She has a reputation for excellence, confidentiality & ethics in the private world of jewelry and gemstones, giving her access at the highest levels.
In 2013 Patti established Something For Kelly to honor her niece who died from anorexia at the age of 26. The Mission of The Something for Kelly Foundation is to advocate, educate, empower, raise awareness, and support all individuals and their loved ones to take control of their predisposition to Eating Disorders with the central goal to aid all individuals on the ED spectrum with an emphasis on youths and vulnerable communities.
Patti has teamed up with Amanda Welch, who has struggled with eating disorders since she was child, to raise awareness about eating disorders and the mission behind Something For Kelly. On this episode, Amanda shares her personal story and the steps she’s taken to get on the road to recovery.
What you will learn:
– How big of a problem are eating disorders in society?
– The misconceptions of eating disorders. Separating fact from fiction.
– Why some symptoms of eating disorders are not as easy to see as you think
– What you should do if you suspect someone of having an eating disorder
– If you are struggling with an eating disorder, the steps you should take to seek help
– Amanda Welch on Facebook
– Patti Geolat on Linkedin